(Review) Innisfree: Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

Hello everyone!

So it happens, my first review is going to be on Innisfree! I really don't think that this brand gets enough attention. Innisfree makes loads of good cosmetics that are free from harsh chemicals. It might be a bit pricier than other K-brands but the products are worth it. 




Before I get on with the review I want to stress that things that work/don't work with my skin might work differently on other people depending on skin type and/or other factors. My skin is a combination type that is more dry (especially on my cheekbones) than oily except during summer. I also have a very thin skin due to my Scandinavian heritage.


Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask claims to be 3-in-1 Pore Care that: reduces sebum, clarifies skin, brightens skin tone and has a soothing effect.

It contains volcanic clay from Jeju island that is effective removing sebum and other impurities from the skin.It's free from: mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, artificial fragrances and imidazolidinyl urea. 
To those who wonder whether Innisfree is a cruelty free company, Innisfree is owned by Amore Pacific that stopped testing on animals in Korea in 2008 but I am not sure whether they continue testing on animals in China. However, they are are trying to expand their non-animal testing policy to their suppliers.

NOTE: There are two types of clay masks from Innisfree and the other one is the Super Volcanic Clay mask and this is the original one.




The packaging is convenient but it can be slightly unhygienic since you will need to get the product with your fingers rather than a spatula. I believe that Innisfree makes their packaging out of recycled materials and they have recycling campaign going on. You get 100ml of product for your moneys worth which is a fair amount and does last a long time.




The consistency is very thick and spreads easily. It dries out fairly quickly but is recommended to be kept on for about 15 min. It has a slight clay scent to it but it's not too overpowering, at least to me. I did research on the ingredients (I won't list them all here) and the two irritants in this product are Cetearyl Alcohol and Sorbitan Stearate that could cause some irritation but only if you have a very sensitive skin. These ingredients are no means dangerous to your skin and are used as emulsifiers. 


I have to say that this is an excellent product, especially if you have oily or acne prone skin. I do think it does everything it promises except I have not noticed any major difference in my skin tone after using it. I get breakouts occasionally on my chin but whenever I use this product, my breakouts seem to clear out quicker. The only down point is that it can be drying if you have a dry skin and that's why I mainly use it on my t-zone during winter and all over during summer. 



It's a great product overall and I would buy it again :)

4½ out of 5

I got this product from Testerkorea and it was 9600KRW on sale (approx. 6GBP or 8.7USD).


Have a fantastic day!

Riina

There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion. - Edgar Allan Poe.

No comments:

Post a Comment