(Review) TonyMoly: Perfect Eyes Gel Fit Waterproof Liner (07 Black)

Happy Wednesday!

Another review on TonyMoly! TonyMoly has very cute packaging and is very affordable and often I find that their product do what they promise. This is a fairly new product but I already have read some amazing reviews on it! I was in the look out for a new eyeliner and was debating for a long time. I was keen on getting Urban Decay's 24h eyeliner but I was in a pinch plus I was a bit disappointed after reading the reviews (if £14 eyeliner is not amazing then I'm not buying it!). Long story short, I ended up getting this eyeliner....





The eyeliner promises to have creamy gel type texture that creates vivid colours with just one touch. The gel texture glides on easily making it easy to apply. It is also long wearing and has a finish to it that is powerful against water and sweat and also smudge proof. It also comes in 11 different colours and comes with a sharpener and a smudger. Sound very good to me!





I have to say that I am very impressed how easily it glides on and how pigmented the colour is! I recently wrote a review on Etude House's eyeliners and how hard they are to apply. This requires no tucking if you want to wing out your eyeliner and the colour is very deep black! However, I do find some things with the performance that I don't like. There is no way to smudge it when it has set as it won't budge. I think this is a problem with the texture that sets too quickly. It's also impossible to reapply it as it will flake off! 



As you can see in the picture it is very pigmented and applies on very smoothly. However, I am not a fan of the sharpener...The tip of the product is quite thick but the sharpener is very small and I find myself sharpening the tip for ages and it quickly goes back to thick with use. I just end up wasting a lot of product really....

Rubbing


Rubbing with water
As you can see in the above pictures, it does not budge when rubbed or when I rubbed it with water! This was slightly surprising as when I did this test the first time it did end up smudging a lot especially with water....I'm not sure what to make of this...

I have very oily eyelids, and even with eye primer eyeliners end up smudging to my crease most of the time. This was no exception. After wearing it for a good 8h + it did smudge to my crease a tiny bit but not as badly as some other eyeliners. It stays on, on my waterline better than most eyeliners. I tried to wear this without an eye primer and within an hour it had smudged and faded....So it's definitely not oil or sweat proof!


Beginning of the day
Beginning of the day
After 8h +
As you can see in the pic above it did smudge into my crease a bit and also faded a slightly but overall stayed on quite well! You really need a very good makeup remover to get it off.

Overall, I have very mixed feeling about this eyeliner. The texture really bothers me and the size of the pen. No matter how much I sharpen it, it is too chunky! It is very hard to make corrections if you make a mistake as it won't budge and since the texture is very smooth, mistakes are almost unavoidable! However, the lasting power is better than I thought....but it is also a bit of a let down as it is definitely not sweat proof!
I don't think it's any better than Etude House's Proof 10 eyeliners...And actually the texture bothers me so much that I dislike this more than Proof 10 eyeliners...So I will give it 2½ hearts...
2½/5

You can get them from Testerkorea for 6,400KRW (approx, 4GBP or 6USD)

Should I try the Urban Decay eyeliners? Or is there something even better out there because I've had bad luck with pencil eyeliners so far :(

Have a lovely day!

Riina

There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion. - Edgar Allan Poe.

No comments:

Post a Comment