(Review) CLIO - Kill Lash Superproof Mascara: Volume Curling

 I had high hopes for this mascara as I was really looking forward trying out a Korean brand mascara again. I have been a fan of some of Etude House's mascaras in the past but I was excited trying out another brand this time. Read about my experiences below👇

There are now 3 types of this mascara: 1 Long curling, 2 Volume curling and 3 Sleek volume. Number 1 also comes in brown colour.

The number 2 volume curling mascara promises:

  • Non-clumping
  • Adds dense and defining volume
  • Curling effect
  • Long lasting
  • Water resistant
  • Non-flakey or smudgy

This mascara is very affordable and costs around 17USD but I actually got two mascaras for that price. 
The brush is quite small but it is pleasant to use and you really get all the small lashes covered with this brush. The bristles are synthetic rather than plastic.

Curl and volume:
It gives a very good curl that lasts throughout the day but the volume isn't that great in my opinion. It's defining but doesn't add dense volume as it promises. 


Consistency:
It is more of a dry mascara formula rather than wet which means it dries out rather quickly. The formula also makes my lashes clump together and makes them feel rather hard.

Longevity: 
This does not come off! It is a bit ridiculous how hard it is to remove this stuff to be honest 😐. Usually even waterproof mascara comes off after cleansing oil and Nivea professional micellar makeup remover but this doesn't! I ended up having to rub my eyes very hard and that is not good for the sensitive eye area. Needless to say it is definitely water and smudge proof!



Pros:💜
  • Affordable
  • Long lasting
Cons:💔
  • Extremely hard to remove
  • Leaves a waxy look on the lashes
  • Not very volumising
  • Can be clumpy

Conclusions:
This would be an okay waterproof mascara if it wouldn't make my eyelashes look really waxy and a bit clumpy...It might look completely different on someone else but for me these issues are not redeemable. Plus it is super hard to remove that you might actually end up doing some damage to the skin around the eye area in the process. Based on my experiences I wouldn't recommend it. There are other a lot better waterproof mascaras out there.

koreanbeautyliscious

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing.. I too used this brand before and never quite like it

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.