(Review) HERA - Black Cushion (Ivory 13)

I have been using foundations from Western brands for a good few years now but recently I decided that I want to go back to using bb cushions/creams...I want more from my makeup now than what foundations have to offer...I have struggled to find a foundation for combination skin that doesn't have a powdery matte finish!!😑


If you haven't heard of the brand HERA before, it is a more high-end Korean brand rather than a drugstore brand. You get 15g of product in your cushion. The standard foundation has 30ml of product so you get less in a cushion but since you get a free refill when you purchase the full compact it totals up to 30g of product. It has SPF 34 PA ++.
Below are some useful info about this product.


Shades & Packaging:



It comes in 6 shades that can be seen above...Disappointing selection in 2019 to be honest but better than some other brands' bb shade selection. Lucky for me Ivory 13 is a perfect match for my pale skin that has neutral undertones (NC15 MAC, 1.0 at Urban Decay and Fair light neutral at Tarte).

 

The coverage is definitely not full! I would say that it's a medium. It doesn't cover all of my imperfections or redness. Below you can see how it looks on my skin at the start of the day and after 5 hours. Some of the redness is peaking through more but it's definitely still in place!

Left: beginning of the day. Right: after 5 hours (the sun rays were shining through the blinds😅)

I tested this bb cushion with two primers: Tatcha Silk canvas and Smashbox Primerizer. Personally, I need a more hydrating primer with this kind of bb cushion but I have to say that I didn't see a big difference with the longevity but I did notice that Tatcha primer, which is a smoothing primer, did end up making my skin look dryer...

After full 8 hour working day it had started to break down on my t-zone a bit and my cheeks looked quite dry. This is what happens with most matte foundations on my skin. I was still impressed that a bb cushion lasted this well! My skin (especially t-zone) didn't look AS bad after 8 hours as some other bb cushions and foundations. It is pretty transfer proof as well which is nice for someone who wears glasses... 

Pros:💜
  • Long-wearing
  • Semi-matte finish
  • High SPF
  • Fairly transfer proof
Cons:💔
  • Drying
  • Pricey

Conclusion:

I think this is a great bb cushion for those with oily or combination skin. Most bb cushions have a very sheer coverage and don't last very long at all! Setting your face with powder will make this last even longer. It is a bit pricey but it comes with a refill and refills by themselves don't cost as much as the full compact. 

K-beautylicious approved for sensitive combo skin👍 



koreanbeautyliscious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.