(Review) Etude House: Surprise Concealer Kit (02 Dark Circle Brightening)

Happy Friday!

If you have been reading my previous blog posts about concealers, you may know that I have not been very impressed with the ones that I have reviewed...I know this product has been out for a long time but I didn't get around to buying it until now...Better later than never I guess! :D

The packaging is a lot smaller than I thought! I don't know why I thought it would be bigger because concealers in general aren't that big...It comes in a cute pink plastic 28g packaging with two shades of colours and this version which is 02 is meant for dark circles the peach tone is bigger colour (Peach colour 1.9g, Beige colour 1.4g). Number 01 version of the Surprise Concealer kits is meant for covering imperfections.

It claims to have easily blendable creamy consistency that with two colours covers dark circles and brightens the eye area for fresher, younger look.
The directions tell you to use a Makeup Master Concealer brush (which does not come with the product! You need to buy it separately) and apply the Peach corrector colour first to your dark circles and the gently pat the colour to blend. Then to apply the Beige concealer the same way. 


I did not purchase the brush that they is recommended and I think the best way to apply it is with your fingers anyway because it warms up the product and makes it easy to blend. 

The consistency is as creamy as it promises which personally I really like. I do not like dark circle concealers that are too thick because often it will end up looking cakey underneath the eyes and too creamy ones don't last for too long. I think that this has a perfect consistency to cover dark circles! It is easily buildable and does not look cakey at all!


As you can see in the picture, it does cover dark circles really well! I followed the instructions and applied the pinkish colour first with a brush and dabbed in on and then the same with the beige colour. I only did one layer of both and you can see what a difference it makes! It also lasts through out the day which I was surprised by. Especially if you set it with a powder I only noticed minor fading throughout the day. It also does not end up creasing into fine lines!

Pros: image

  • Two shades of colour
  • Buildable
  • Creamy consistency
  • Does not crease
  • Lasts fairly well
  • Covers dark circles well
Cons: image

  • You have to buy the brush separately
  • Colours may be too light for darker skin tones

Overall, I haven't had much luck with my previous dark circle concealers but I think I finally found one that I like! It is very easy to apply due to the creamy consistency. It covers dark circles very well and will last through out the day! 
The two colour shades blend into my fair skin very well. The problem with this is that they would probably be too light for darker skin tones :( 
The brush that they recommend using does not come with the product and I did not even know that you could get one with it...I guess if I would have been able to buy it from the shop they would have recommended it... :/

You can get it from Testerkorea for 7,000KRW (approx. 4GBP or 6USD)

Have a great rest of the week!

Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.