(Review) Etude House: Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara (Black)


*sigh*...When it comes to mascaras I have never actually thought that I have found the "one"! I have gone through so many mascaras that I have probably ended up spending a fortune on them already! I have bought high end mascaras that cost 30GBP and drug store mascaras that cost 5GBP and have not noticed a massive difference in terms of results....I think I might just be too picky with mascaras but oh well...When this product came out from Etude House I was intrigued because of the new design of the wand! The only mascara that I have repurchased was also from Etude House and it was the 3 Step Mascara! So in the end I had to get my hands on this baby!

The mascara comes in four colours: Black, Brown, Plum Burgundy and Pink! I am not keen on having bold colours on my eyelashes so I went for the safe options which is black.
The mascara claims to Curl every single lash and last all day long. The "Curl 24HR Technology" delivers powerful performance to lift, define, and curl even tiny lashes for 24 hours. Delicate and soft 'Dual Jelly Brush' curls eyelashes even the tiniest lashes. It does not smudge or clump due to the powerful waterproof function to water, sweat, or sebum to keep curl for long and not to get smudged.



The directions have two steps: Step 1. Organize lashes with the flat jelly part of the brush starting from lash roots brushing in a zigzag motion. Step 2. Complete curled up looks by spreading out fine lashes by gently brushing lashes' upper, lower, front and back parts with the jelly dome part of the brush. O_o
I have to admit I was a bit confused at first when reading the directions and had to read them multiple times. Then I had to make sure that I was using the right side for each step because terms like flat jelly and jelly dome don't really say much to me...I could not believe that applying mascara could be such a confusing task! I was too intrigued to see the results to get annoyed though...

Image result for Etude House: Lash Perm Curl Fix Mascara

I had seen pictures of the brush before and I was so afraid it was going to be really clumpy because the formula just looked like a clumpy mess.  The formula is more on the wet side but it does dry out quickly

I like how long the wand is and it feels quite sturdy. I did not like my previous mascara because of the wand that was quite short and not sturdy enough. I did not managed to get a good grip of my lashes to apply it. First time I gave this ago I instantly thought that the brush is way too small for my eyes. I like a slightly bigger brush for my big eyes that adds volume to my lashes. 

I did as the directions told me and after step 1 I could see how long my lashes looked. I waited for a minute and then did step 2 which I'm not sure whether it made my lashes look longer or clumpier...

I was quite happy with the result. My lashes looked definitely longer. I also really like how pigmented the colour is and my lashes look super dark. Unfortunately the downside is what I was afraid of and it is not good at separating and adding any volume to my lashes. I was curious to see what another layer would do and it was as I though...a clumpy MESS! I had to separate my clumped up lashes from each other which was not easy!


The lasting power is very impressive.  I tried to smudge the product from my hand and also wash it off but it really didn't budge! It really does not smudge underneath my eyes like most of the mascaras that I have used. The waterproofness will come in handy when my eyes start tearing in the cold winter air! You will need a good eye makeup remover to get this off but to me the lasting power is a plus. 

Pros:
  • Pigmented
  • Adds great length to lashes
  • Does not smudge
  • Waterproof
  • Quirky wand design
Cons:
  • Small brush
  • Does not add volume
  • Can be very clumpy
  • Directions can be a bit confusing
Overall, I think it's definitely better than most of the Western drug store mascaras that I have used. I am not sure whether I like this better than Etude House's 3 Step Mascara. I do think this definitely adds more length to my lashes but at the same time it can look clumpy if not used correctly. I would not recommend putting on another layer as it will completely clump up your lashes! It is also smudge and waterproof which was a very pleasant surprise. I think this would suit people who want long lashes and for the mascara to stay put all day long! I like to use this mascara when I really need it to last the whole day but unfortunately otherwise I only use this on my lower lashes as I think it doesn't add enough volume to my lashes...

You can get it from Cosmetic-Love for 6.64GBP (approx. 10.15USD or 11,700KRW)
Here's a 15% off code from your first shop at Cosmetic-Lovehttp://r.sloyalty.com/r/uyoRX4eGv4Gd



Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.